Originally published 12/04/2017
Greta de Jong
Majoring in STEM fields might teach students how to build robots, but studying history will teach them what to do when the robots take their jobs.
Originally published 11/06/2013
Will there still be a need for Black History Month?
Originally published 10/14/2013
David A. Hollinger
Can STEM and the humanities ever get along?
Originally published 01/12/2017
What will be the legacy of Barack Obama's policies in science, technology, and innovation? His most important policy was not a specific goal but promoting the scientific approach -- experimental, data-driven, open, and transparent -- as an integral part of federal policy making and implementation.
Originally published 03/25/2015
Stone Age Brain
Today scientists are a lot less confident than they used to be about the effect our genes have on our behavior. No one gene determines if we'll rob a bank, do somersaults, or win the Nobel Prize.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism