SOURCE: Washington Post
The Origins of the Republican Party’s Plutocratic Populism
by Jacob S. Hacker and Paul Pierson
With concentrated wealth has come unprecedented investments in politics by billionaire donors and business organizations, mostly on the right.
Plutocracy Versus Democracy
by Bill Moyers
The great American class war.
Investigating the Theft of the American Dream with Hedrick Smith (INTERVIEW)
by Robin Lindley
Renowed journalist Hedrick Smith on how powerful forces in the past four decades shifted wealth to the very rich and divided America.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of