SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
Moira Weigel, Justin E.H. Smith, Mark Greif, Ethan Kleinberg, Marjorie Perloff, Jessica Burstein, Seo-Young Chu, David Bromwich, Anna Kornbluh, and Steven Weinberg reflect on the past, present, and future of postmodernism.
SOURCE: National Review
NRO contributor Victor Davis Hanson is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution. His latest book is The Savior Generals, published this spring by Bloomsbury Books.In the globally connected and affluent world of the 21st century, we thankfully have evolved a long way from the elemental poverty, hunger, and ethnic, religious, and racial hatred that were mostly the norm of the world until the last century.Yet who would know of such progress — and the great sacrifices made to achieve it — from the howls of our postmodern oppressed? In fact, the better life has become, the more victimized modern affluent Westerners seem to act.
- 15 States Have Postponed Their Primaries Because of Coronavirus. Here’s a List.
- The Hot & Bothered Podcast: Beyond the New Deal
- Generations of Rosewood Descendants Keep a Once-Forgotten History Alive
- From Afar, Congress Moves to Oversee Trump Coronavirus Response
- A 200-Foot Section of the Berlin Wall Has Been Torn Down to Make Way for Condos, Leaving Historians Appalled
- After Reparations
- Will Coronavirus Change How We Think About Climate Change?
- David C. Driskell, Tireless Advocate for Black Art History, Is Dead at 88
- NCMC Mourns the Loss of Longtime Professor Who Died Due to COVID-19
- The US Government Has a Long History of Using Crises to Justify Indefinite Mass Detention