SOURCE: The Guardian
Antisemite, Holocaust denier … yet David Irving claims fresh support
Sixteen years after an English court discredited his work and the judge called him “antisemitic and racist”, the historian David Irving claims he is inspiring a new generation of “Holocaust skeptics.”
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
A Holocaust Historian’s Trial Against Holocaust Denier David Irving Hits the Big Screen
"If someone said, Let’s make a movie about a historian, I’d say bo-ring.” — Deborah E. Lipstadt
What Are Historians Supposed to Make of Quotes Reported by the Discredited Historian and Holocaust Denier David Irving?
by Christopher A. Lawrence
The question gains new attention as a movie about his trial hits theaters.
SOURCE: The Daily Mail
Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organizes 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'
Irving, 77, is notorious for his attempts to play down the extent of the Holocaust, and his insistence that Hitler was unaware of the plan to exterminate the Jews.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
Holocaust-Denier David Irving makes $5,000 selling lock of Hitler’s hair
Need a lock of Hitler’s hair? Who you gonna call? (David Irving, apparently.)
SOURCE: International Business Times
Holocaust denial historian David Irving to hold Himmler talk in UK
Controversial historian David Irving is to hold a talk on SS chief Heinrich Himmler later this month.Irving, who has served time in jail in Austria for holocaust denial, will address audiences in Newcastle Upon Tyne and then Edinburgh, Scotland, on 27 and 28 August.Promotional material for the talks on Irving's website includes the 75-year-old visiting Himmler's field headquarters and also the home in which the prominent Nazi died. The events are likely to draw protests from far-left groups which call Irving a Nazi sympathiser for comments he made about the genocide of Jews by the Nazi regime during World War II....
- Pro-Israel Groups Claim Victory, though Biden Panel Avoids Embracing IHRA Definition of Antisemitism
- Inside a Key Part of the Republican Base: Car Dealers
- How Tina Turner Escaped Abuse and Reclaimed her Name
- The Biden Administration Wants to Undo the Damage of Urban Highways. It Won't be Simple
- AAUP: Fight Tooth and Nail Against Florida's Higher Ed Agenda Because Your State is Next
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings
- The Other Mothers Fighting the School Wars
- Jeff Sharlet on the Intersectional Erotics of Fascism