SOURCE: Washington Post
Congress had the final say on the design for the slain president’s monument. The competition was intense.
It will include a new visitor center built below the memorial in a spectacular cavernous space visitors never see.
The Lincoln Memorial will undergo some of its most extensive renovations to date, including efforts to wash away dirt and debris, repair damage sustained during a 2011 earthquake, and build a substantial space for educational programs under the memorial.
SOURCE: National Journal
In honor of Abraham Lincoln's birthday, we take a look at the monument-turned-landmark that was built for him.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
- How Decades of Housing Discrimination Hurts Fresno in the Pandemic
- A New Film Details the FBI’s Relentless Pursuit of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Belfast's Troubles Echo in Today's Washington
- The ‘Whitewashing’ of Black Wall Street
- Trump’s 1776 Commission Critiques Liberalism in Report Derided by Historians
- As Trump’s Presidency Recedes into History, Scholars Seek to Understand His Reign — And What it Says about American Democracy
- The Words of Martin Luther King Jr. Reverberate in a Tumultuous Time
- These Textbooks In Thousands Of K-12 Schools Echo Trump’s Talking Points
- How Heather Cox Richardson Built a Sisterhood of Concerned Americans
- Will Trump’s Mishandling of Records Leave a Hole in History?