SOURCE: Washington Post
Congress had the final say on the design for the slain president’s monument. The competition was intense.
It will include a new visitor center built below the memorial in a spectacular cavernous space visitors never see.
The Lincoln Memorial will undergo some of its most extensive renovations to date, including efforts to wash away dirt and debris, repair damage sustained during a 2011 earthquake, and build a substantial space for educational programs under the memorial.
SOURCE: National Journal
In honor of Abraham Lincoln's birthday, we take a look at the monument-turned-landmark that was built for him.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time