SOURCE: Washington Post
Congress had the final say on the design for the slain president’s monument. The competition was intense.
It will include a new visitor center built below the memorial in a spectacular cavernous space visitors never see.
The Lincoln Memorial will undergo some of its most extensive renovations to date, including efforts to wash away dirt and debris, repair damage sustained during a 2011 earthquake, and build a substantial space for educational programs under the memorial.
SOURCE: National Journal
In honor of Abraham Lincoln's birthday, we take a look at the monument-turned-landmark that was built for him.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know
- A Side Effect of Remote Teaching During Covid-19? Videos That Can Be Weaponized