SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Larry Diamond and Edward B. Foley
Two election law experts point to the non-trivial possibility of a constitutional crisis over the 2020 presidential election.
SOURCE: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Hofstra professor (and HNN contributor) Alan J. Singer explains to Roy Wood, Jr. why "citizens arrest" is a legacy of the era of slavery and white supremacy.
SOURCE: New York Times
“I would not hold the good job I have today were it not for Barbara,” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Garrett Epps
A recently published theory of law is an argument for authoritarian extremism.
History & Law: GW History Professor Jennifer Wells Discusses How Her Study of Law Has Informed her Career in History
by Mark Detlor
"I’m more much analytical as a result of law and try to immediately make an assertion and back it up with evidence when I write; I think it’s a very effective way of writing but I’m not sure that I would have mastered it had I not gone to law school."
A high school government class wanted to help solve civil rights crimes. So they drafted a bill that is now law
It began as an effort to make government more transparent.
by Brenda E. Stevenson
It has only been in the last fifty years or so that women have gained such significant presence as lawyers, prosecutors, and jurists. It will become increasingly important, therefore, that we understand the kinds of histories and socializations of females in our society that they bring into the courtroom, that weighs in when they consider the evidence, victims and defendants before them.
- How Decades of Housing Discrimination Hurts Fresno in the Pandemic
- A New Film Details the FBI’s Relentless Pursuit of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Belfast's Troubles Echo in Today's Washington
- The ‘Whitewashing’ of Black Wall Street
- Trump’s 1776 Commission Critiques Liberalism in Report Derided by Historians
- As Trump’s Presidency Recedes into History, Scholars Seek to Understand His Reign — And What it Says about American Democracy
- The Words of Martin Luther King Jr. Reverberate in a Tumultuous Time
- These Textbooks In Thousands Of K-12 Schools Echo Trump’s Talking Points
- How Heather Cox Richardson Built a Sisterhood of Concerned Americans
- Will Trump’s Mishandling of Records Leave a Hole in History?