SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
The scrolls were found in the basement of Saddam Hussein's intelligence service.
SOURCE: Telegraph (UK)
It was virtually ignored for centuries, but what may be the world's oldest Torah, the holy book of the Jewish faith, has now been discovered at the world's oldest university.The priceless scroll was found in the archives of Bologna University, which was founded in 1088 and predates both Oxford and Cambridge.The scroll, written in Hebrew, is 118ft long and 25 inches wide and consists of the first five books of the Jewish Bible, from Bereshit (the equivalent of Genesis) to Devarim (Deuteronomy).It had been wrongly dated to the 17th century by a librarian who studied it in 1889, but it now transpires that it is more than 800 years old....
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Navy Submarine, Missing for 75 Years, Is Found Off Okinawa
- The Battle Between NBC and CBS To Be the First To Film a Berlin Wall Tunnel Escape
- Battlefields around the world are finding new purpose as parks and refuges