Originally published 12/02/2013
The diplomatic breakthrough at Geneva is still only a down payment on a much bigger deal.
Originally published 05/07/2013
The Good Friday Agreement is "flawed and elitist" but will not be derailed by the forthcoming 1916 commemorations or the threat from dissidents, according to historian Professor Paul Bew.The Queen's University academic told the 20th annual Burren Law School in Co Clare that the Agreement "ended the Cold War" within the Island of Ireland."The Good Friday Agreement was an elitist, top down process which explains its inadequacies but also explains why it continues to work," said Prof Bew. "This (the Agreement) is a stable process... it is perfectly clear what the rules of the game are."...
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority