Originally published 07/03/2014
The movie will center on the 10th Mountain Division, a group of Army soldiers made up of professional athletes and college scholars trained to rock climb and ski.
Originally published 04/24/2013
Beverly Gage, a Yale history professor, is the author of The Day Wall Street Exploded.The title of Robert Redford’s new documentary, which aired on the Discovery Channel last night, is All the President’s Men Revisited. At times, it seems more like All the President’s Men Repeated. Though created to coincide with the 40th anniversary of Watergate, the first half of the film contains little that could not be found in Alan J. Pakula’s 1976 political thriller starring Redford and Dustin Hoffman. You know the story: A pair of scrappy young reporters named Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein stick to their guns when nobody else will, and their reporting helps to bring down a president.
- Jeff Sessions: DOJ Not Like The Nazis Because They Were Trying To Keep ‘Jews From Leaving’
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)
- Guest historian this week: Paul Krugman, the economist!
- US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62