Originally published 01/15/2013
Gary Ostrower, professor of history at Alfred University (AU), has been named a “SuperProfessor” by FacultyRow.com.FacultyRow, with 91,000 members in 103 countries, was launched in 2011 and is increasingly gaining recognition in traditional academic institutions throughout the world. “SuperProfessors” has become a prominent platform highlighting achievements of leading academics; instructors given the title “SuperProfessor” are considered the most admirable in their field. They demonstrate excellence, passion, and clarity, and have a wide range of knowledge within their respective field of study.Ostrower was chosen out of a pool of 4,000 applicants for the official 2013 list of SuperProfessors. Currently, there are about 400 SuperProfessors nationwide.Currently the Joseph K. Kruson Distinguished Professor at the University, Ostrower is an AU alumnus. He earned a bachelor of arts degree in history at AU and a master of arts degree and Ph.D. in history from the University of Rochester. He has spent most of his teaching career at Alfred, but previously taught at Vassar College and the University of Pennsylvania....
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa