John C. Calhoun
Originally published 03/13/2017
Some Minneapolis Park Board members think it’s worth revisiting discussion of the name of Lake Calhoun, also known by the Dakota name Bde Maka Ska, in light of Yale University’s decision to remove John C. Calhoun’s name from a residential college.
Originally published 02/27/2013
John C. Calhoun in 1849. Daguerreotype by Mathew Brady.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism