SOURCE: The Nation
Historian Alfred McCoy discusses his new book, the deep state, and Donald Trump’s threats to the US position as a global power
by Nick Turse
"We are certainly witnessing the end of the US empire, but not empire as a form of global governance."
by Alfred McCoy
In a new book he reveals that the agency tried to stop him from reporting on the opium epidemic among US troops in Vietnam.
SOURCE: Special to HNN
Alfred W. McCoy: Review of Nick Turse's "Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam" (Metropolitan Books, 2013)
Alfred W. McCoy is the J.R.W. Smail Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is the author of Torture and Impunity: The U.S. Doctrine of Coercive Interrogation (University of Wisconsin, 2012) and editor of Endless Empire: Spain’s Retreat, Europe’s Eclipse, America’s Decline (University of Wisconsin, 2012).
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America