Historians Evaluate the "1836 Project" Pamphlet Texas Wants to Give to All Drivers License Applicants
Historians concur that while the task of condensing the state's history into a dozen pages is a difficult task, the choices made by the state commission aim at preserving patriotic myths favored by the right.
by Brian Franklin
Texas history teachers should take Governor Greg Abbott at his word, and teach the state's history from its founding documents. The governor and conservative supporters of a new law on teaching history might not like the results, though.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong