SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Michael Leroy Oberg
Rick Santorum's recent comments reflect a white nationalist viewpoint. But too many liberal critics responded to them with historical references to Native "contributions" to the American nation that erase the violence that nation carried out against indigenous people.
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses