SOURCE: New York Times
by Tish Harrison Warren
What does the Christian faith require in terms of honesty and acknowledgment about the nation's history?
by Michael Kazin
While historians have demonstrated the racist operation of American institutions, it's important to recognize that those institutions have also been instruments for justice.
SOURCE: The Nation
by Elizabeth Anderson
Philosopher Elizabeth Anderson reviews Michael Sandel's critique of meritocracy, a book that locates an explanation for the Trumpian moment in the rise of competitive individualism in the platforms of both major parties.
- How the Pandemic and Anti-Asian Violence Spurred 2 States to Change History Lessons
- Is Old Music Killing New Music?
- Will SCOTUS Take the Opportunity to Ban Race-Conscious Admissions?
- One National Republican Wants (Narrow) Action to Tighten up Electoral Count Act
- New Film "Munich" Offers Revised and (Somewhat) Sympathetic Portrait of Chamberlain