SOURCE: The New Republic
The Democrats’ Court-Packing Plan Doesn’t Make Any Sense
Writer Matt Ford argues that the proposed Judiciary Act will fail to address the political problems that the Democrats are reacting to. Is there a better approach?
The Politicization of the American Judiciary
by James D. Zirin
Judicial elections are the latest target of GOP gerrymandering, spurred by the rejection of Team Trump's election lawsuits.
SOURCE: USA Today
Biden Can Advance Racial Justice, but Only if Democratic Senators Ditch an Old Tradition
The Senate's "blue slip" rule allows senators to privately exercise a veto over judicial nominations for their state. Like the filibuster, it has been used to derail the nominations of liberal judges as well as women and judges of color. A liberal judicial advocate argues that it should be scrapped.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations