SOURCE: Tropics of Meta
Josh Hawley Is Not the First Missouri Senator with Blood on His Hands
by Steven Lubet
Senator Josh Hawley arguably helped incite a mob to invade the Capitol to thwart the certification of Biden's victory. Missouri's antebellum senator David Rice Atchison helped incite a civil war in Kansas in 1854.
- SC Barbecue Restaurant With History of Civil Rights Rejection in News Again
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- How "Christian" is Christian Nationalism?
- James Kloppenberg Reviews New Books on Democracy and Polarization
- Does Gov. Whitmer Have a Formula for a Democratic Response to GOP Culture War?
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia