SOURCE: The Atlantic
Clarifying the Census Bureau's Accounting of "White" Identity Puts Demographic Change in Perspective
by Morris Levy, Richard Alba and Dowell Myers
The 2020 Census seemed to show the white population was in freefall. But few questioned whether differences between the 2010 and 2020 censuses reflected real demographic change or simply statistical noise as the the Census makes incomplete progress toward accounting for multiracial identity.
SOURCE: Census Stories
by Dan Bouk
The story of the 1920 census shows how difficult it can be to disentangle the methodology of the Census from the political impact of the results.
- Rep. Cawthorn Lawyer's Defense against 14th Amendment Disqualification? Confederate Amnesty Act
- Post Editors: Statue or No, Teddy Roosevelt's Complex Legacy is Still with Us
- Maus in Tennessee
- Tennessee School Board Bans Holocaust Graphic Memoir "Maus"
- How the Pandemic and Anti-Asian Violence Spurred 2 States to Change History Lessons
- Margaret O'Mara on the First Historical View of the Trump Presidency
- Art Historians Shake Up Narratives on TikTok
- Jeans: The History of the People's Pants Coming to American Experience
- Reviewed: The BBC: A People's History
- Capitol Attack Pushed Christian Nationalism to Center of Shifting Far-Right Movement