SOURCE: New York Times
Charlotta Bass led a remarkable life as a journalist and activist that, in many ways, helped lay the foundation for a figure like Harris, the first Black woman and first person of Indian descent to be nominated on a major-party ticket.
SOURCE: Associated Press
A new documentary short highlights the journalistic and political career of Charlotta Bass, the Progressive Party candidate for Vice President in 1952.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Historians Martha S. Jones, Eric McDuffie and Denise Lynn identify the Los Angeles newspaper publisher and civil rights activist of the mid-20th century as a key figure paving the way for Kamala Harris and contemporary women of color in politics.
- The Legacy Of Tunney Lee: Preserving The History Of Boston's Chinatown
- Campaigners Launch Legal Challenge Over Stonehenge Road Tunnel
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The Ghosts of Segregation
- Exhume the Body of Warren G. Harding? A Judge Says That Won’t Be Necessary
- AHA Joins Lawsuit to Protect Historical Records