SOURCE: New York Times
Columnist Michelle Goldberg examines the roots of the academic Critical Race Theory movement, and concludes that while its practitioners are sometimes willing to prioritize justice over free speech, the right today simply wants to suppress ideas it fears.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Jason Blakely
"Far from being morally and rationally superior, technocracy may be a significant contributor to our inability to properly deliberate upon our political problems."
SOURCE: Made by History at The Washington Post
by Simon Gilhooley
At the core of originalism is a fundamentally conservative effort to limit the possibilities of our constitutional order to the imagination of historical figures from the 18th century, which included racial hierarchy and support for chattel slavery.
SOURCE: New York Review of Books
by Corey Robin
"Conservatism has ceased to be a political project capable of creating hegemony through majoritarian means."
SOURCE: Duke Center for Firearms Law
by Jake Charles
A Second Amendment scholar examines the SCOTUS nominee's historical interpretation of prohibitions on individual firearm ownership, concluding that her record shows a commitment to gun rights but uncertainty about how she might rule on particular cases.
SOURCE: The Nation
by Samuel Moyn
Samuel Moyn warns that a leading Never Trump legal scholar is less concerned with how Trump might harm minorities than with how Trump might harm the image of rule by elites.
by Alan J. Singer
Just reading the Constitutional text, without context, does not help us understand what Antonin Scalia called “the fairly understood meaning of those words.”
- Demonizing Critical Race Theory
- Hideki Tojo's Ashes Scattered By US, Documents Reveal
- Plantation Planned Juneteenth Event that would Tell the Stories of Displaced ‘White Refugees’
- The Complicated History Behind BLM's Solidarity With The Pro-Palestinian Movement
- Rand Paul Offers an Accidentally Useful Jim Crow Analogy in Rationalizing His Party’s Illiberal Shift
- Postal Historian Asks the PRC to Return the Postal Service to a Mission of Service
- Is There an Uncontroversial Way to Teach America’s Racist History?
- White House Pushes To Jump-Start Civil Rights-Era Cold Cases Board
- Toll from Political Push at UNC Continues to Mount
- Legislating Against Critical Race Theory