"Where Perversion is Taught": The Untold History of a Gay Rights Demonstration at Bucks County Community College in 1968
by Marc Stein
A student protest at Bucks County (PA) Community College in 1968, sparked by the college's decision to block a speech by gay rights advocate Richard Leitsch, should be recognized as a key event in the growing movement for gay liberation.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Jim Downs
Networks of activists transformed Stonewall from an isolated event into a turning point in the struggle for gay power.
- Jonathan Mirsky: Historian Turned Beijing Correspondent, Mao Fan turned Critic of Beijing
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right