SOURCE: New York Daily News
by Eli Merritt
Trump is a demagogue –– and therefore a poison to democracy. Joe Biden is not. Voters must understand that clearly. The health, and possibly survival, of our democracy depends upon it.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Jake Tapper
Journalist Jake Tapper reflects on the prescience of the 1957 Elia Kazan/Budd Schulberg film "A Face in the Crowd", which anticipated the power of inflammatory appeals in the mass media.
SOURCE: The Nation
by Samuel Moyn
Samuel Moyn warns that a leading Never Trump legal scholar is less concerned with how Trump might harm minorities than with how Trump might harm the image of rule by elites.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Larry Tye
Anyone hoping the recency of Trump's conversion to Republicanism and conservatism might allow him to govern productively with Democrats should heed the example of Joseph McCarthy, who similary rebranded himself a conservative. Neither moderated because their political survival depended on extremism.
- The Legacy Of Tunney Lee: Preserving The History Of Boston's Chinatown
- Campaigners Launch Legal Challenge Over Stonehenge Road Tunnel
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The Ghosts of Segregation
- Exhume the Body of Warren G. Harding? A Judge Says That Won’t Be Necessary
- AHA Joins Lawsuit to Protect Historical Records