SOURCE: Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
The flooding and destruction of the refineries and storage facilities along 52 miles of the Houston Ship Channel is a matter of if, not when, says environmental lawywer Jim Blackburn.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Robert Bullard
A vacancy on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will test Biden's stated commitment to advancing environmental justice.
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by David M. Wight
Political pressures have made US presidents less disposed than Congress to impose limits on the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia. If arms sales are to be a lever for change in the kingdom, it will probably be up to Congress to make it happen.
by Michael T. Klare
If there is a silver lining to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is that it creates the conditions necessary to do what we have known was necessessary for decades: drastically curtail fossil fuel consumption.
- Alabama's Capitol is a Crime Scene, with a 120 Year Coverup
- Thank a Hungry Badger for Discovering a Vast Cache of Roman Coins
- The Soldiers Came Home Sick. The Government Denied It Was Responsible
- Is the Challenge to Madison Cawthorn's Re-Election Eligibility For Real?
- Healthy Democracies Don't Scapegoat Their Teachers
- Michigan Professor's Intro Video Stunt Leads to Suspension (content: language)
- New Book Asks if Exercise is a Path to Power for Women
- The Indomitable Rev. Addie L. Wyatt
- National Library of Medicine Announces 2022 History Talks
- State Standards are Failing to Teach Reconstruction and Erasing the Black Freedom Struggle