SOURCE: Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
The flooding and destruction of the refineries and storage facilities along 52 miles of the Houston Ship Channel is a matter of if, not when, says environmental lawywer Jim Blackburn.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Robert Bullard
A vacancy on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission will test Biden's stated commitment to advancing environmental justice.
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by David M. Wight
Political pressures have made US presidents less disposed than Congress to impose limits on the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia. If arms sales are to be a lever for change in the kingdom, it will probably be up to Congress to make it happen.
by Michael T. Klare
If there is a silver lining to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is that it creates the conditions necessary to do what we have known was necessessary for decades: drastically curtail fossil fuel consumption.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel