Jerry Falwell Jr.
In "God Forbid" the Falwells Epitomize Christian Hypocrisy
by Anthea Butler
The story of the Falwells and the scandal that undid their empire isn't about sexuality, but about the Evangelical compulsion to push back social change and the elevation of power over morality.
SOURCE: Vanity Fair
The Rise and Fall of Jerry Falwell Jr. at Liberty U.
The ousted leader speaks to reporter Gabriel Sherman about the scandal and meltdown that ended his leadership of an evangelical empire.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home
The Last Fundamentalist Empire Died Yesterday in Lynchburg, Virginia
by John Fea
Although he oversaw tremendous growth at Liberty University and tried to lead in the culture wars, Jerry Falwell Jr. was unable to maintain credibility as a faith leader necessary to hold his empire. It's unclear whether any evangelical organization can succeed as a business and a theological enterprise.
SOURCE: Washington Post
An Authoritarian Power Structure Brought Coronavirus to Liberty University
by Adam Laats
How one-man rule emerged at fundamentalist colleges and universities.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations