by John R. Thelin
“Free college” is a visible and volatile issue in the Democrat candidates’ presidential campaign platforms. No Democratic candidate today can afford to ignore the issue, even if it means taking time to impose strict limits.
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?