SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
by Daniel J. Samet
"Would-be history Ph.D.s owe it to themselves to look at the data."
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Dennis M. Hogan and Rithika Ramamurthy
The polite fiction of graduate school as an apprenticeship for a future academic career, which has been under strain for many years, now faces obliteration.
SOURCE: AHA Perspectives on History
James Grossman Writes Article on Career Diversity: "Revising Revisited: Words Matter When It Comes to Career Diversity"
by James Grossman
Historians need to write and speak carefully. A single word or phrase, a particularly evocative metaphor, can undermine a nuanced argument pointing in a very different direction.
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America