SOURCE: Perspectives on History
Amanda Seligman: Growing Into Teaching Career Diversity for Historians
by Amanda Seligman
Teaching Career Diversity undid my ancient assumption that a PhD in the humanities should lead to a professorship.
SOURCE: AHA Perspectives
Career Diversity and the Crisis of Grad Student Mental Health
by Erin Leigh Inama, Sarah Stoller, and James Vernon
The myth of the academy as a meritocracy that rewards the smartest and most talented often generates anxiety and depression.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"