A historian of past drug epidemics and narcotics regulation is an expert witness for New York State in a case against opioid manufacturers, who relaxed the regulatory standards put up in response to opioid addiction in the 19th century.
SOURCE: Stat News
Featuring historians Antoine Lentacker and Rachel Taketa.
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?