Massachusetts Indigenous Groups Call for Boycott of Living History Museum at Plymouth
Members of the Wampanoag nation say that Plimoth Patuxet Museums has failed to honor a pledge to create a truly bicultural museum depicting indigenous history respectfully.
How America Keeps Adapting the Story of the Pilgrims at Plymouth to Match the Story We Need to Tell
by Peter C. Mancall
The prevailing memory of Plymouth has shifted as Americans have used it as an allegory for their contemporary concerns. Most notably, the harsh religious orthodoxy of Plymouth was converted by the 19th century to stand for religious liberty, a concept the Pilgrims would have found odious.
UCLA Historian Carla Pestana Debunks Myths About the Pilgrims and the Plymouth Colony
by James Thornton Harris
Alert Tom Cotton: Plymouth Rock, the Mayflower Compact, and the origins of Thanksgiving are just a few of the things Professor Carla Pestana finds in need of historical revision.
August 11, 2019
The History and Mythology of the Mayflower Arrival in 1620
by Martyn Whittock
The true history of the Mayflower's arrival in 1620.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History