SOURCE: The Abusable Past
by Kevin Henderson
Undeniably, the present coherence of “biological sex” is an effect of 19th century scientific racism and discourses of white supremacy.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Jim Downs
Networks of activists transformed Stonewall from an isolated event into a turning point in the struggle for gay power.
SOURCE: Book Riot
A selection of historical works examine the lives of queer women, the relationship of queer and racial identities, and the establishment of heterosexuality as a social norm.
by John Howard
Tiger King viewers should look past the show's outrageous elements to consider the political, economic and legal factors that shape queer life in the American south.
SOURCE: Washington Post
A new book, “Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890-1918,” makes it clear that Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple were more than just friends, according to its editors.
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?