SOURCE: The Abusable Past
J.K. Rowling and the White Supremacist History of “Biological Sex”
by Kevin Henderson
Undeniably, the present coherence of “biological sex” is an effect of 19th century scientific racism and discourses of white supremacy.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Before Stonewall, There Was a Bookstore
by Jim Downs
Networks of activists transformed Stonewall from an isolated event into a turning point in the struggle for gay power.
SOURCE: Book Riot
12 Informative Queer Women's History Reads
A selection of historical works examine the lives of queer women, the relationship of queer and racial identities, and the establishment of heterosexuality as a social norm.
Tiger King: Lurid Netflix Smash Can Illuminate Southern Queer Cultures (If You Look Closer)
by John Howard
Tiger King viewers should look past the show's outrageous elements to consider the political, economic and legal factors that shape queer life in the American south.
SOURCE: Washington Post
A gay first lady? Yes, we’ve already had one, and here are her love letters.
A new book, “Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890-1918,” makes it clear that Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple were more than just friends, according to its editors.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"