SOURCE: Mississippi Free Press
Shannon Bowden of Mississippi Valley State University is leading a public history project for the nearby Delta town of Itta Bena, preserving the sites and stories of voting rights activism.
SOURCE: NBC News
Florida School District, Citing "Critical Race Theory" Concerns, Cancels Prof's Civil Rights History Lecture
“The victims of this censorship are history and the truth,” J. Michael Butler said. “The end game is they’re going to make teaching civil rights into ‘critical race theory,’ and it’s not.”
SOURCE: Washington Times (AP)
Research for the project was led by a Mississippi Valley State University student and history professor C. Sade Turnipseed.
by Naom Cohen
The Facebook CEO invoked the civil-rights era to justify kowtowing to money and power. It doesn’t wash.
SOURCE: NY Times
Two cultural projects that examine the Alabama city’s role in the civil rights movement are drawing throngs of visitors and encouraging a surge of downtown construction.
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity