10 Ways the Transcontinental Railroad Changed America
Includes comments by James P. Ronda, Henry W. Brands, Beth Lew-Williams, and Richard White.
SOURCE: NY Times
Chinese Railroad Workers Were Almost Written Out of History. Now They’re Getting Their Due.
At the 150th anniversary of the golden spike ceremony on Friday, and at associated events held last week in Utah, thousands gathered to recognize a more complete picture of the monumental feat.
SOURCE: NBC News
Descendants of Chinese railroad workers share their hope for the recognition of their ancestors' labor
The Chinese railroad workers who helped connect the country.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida