SOURCE: Salt Lake Tribune
In December 2018, Albert Mohler, longtime president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, released a report detailing and denouncing the school’s legacy of supporting slavery and segregation. However, evidence suggests both the denomination's and Mohler's personal reckoning have been incomplete.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Susan M. Shaw
Recent media reports have revealed decades of abuse by Southern Baptist pastors. Here is the history behind the reports.
- Fighting Racial Bias with an Unlikely Weapon: Footnotes
- A Teenager Got More Women of Color Represented in the History Curriculum of a Large School District
- A Bill Proposed a New Way to Teach History. It Got the History Wrong.
- Alabama's Capitol is a Crime Scene, with a 120 Year Coverup
- Thank a Hungry Badger for Discovering a Vast Cache of Roman Coins
- University of Mississippi Makes Available Oral Histories of Student Protesters Sent to Parchman Prison Farm
- Michigan Professor's Intro Video Stunt Leads to Suspension (content: language)
- New Book Asks if Exercise is a Path to Power for Women
- The Indomitable Rev. Addie L. Wyatt
- National Library of Medicine Announces 2022 History Talks