SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Kimberly Wehle
"Presidential criminal immunity has no grounding in actual law. It’s not in the Constitution or any federal statute, regulation, or judicial decision. It is not law at all."
by Ronald L. Feinman
Arthur Schlesinger Jr’s Imperial Presidency is now just the prelude to a far greater constitutional crisis that is possibly transforming the Presidency and destroying the separation of powers and checks and balances created by the Founding Fathers in 1787.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Chris Edelson
If President Trump does declare an emergency, the question is: Will Congress use the power available to it, or will it play the role of passive spectator?
- Jonathan Mirsky: Historian Turned Beijing Correspondent, Mao Fan turned Critic of Beijing
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right