SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Kimberly Wehle
"Presidential criminal immunity has no grounding in actual law. It’s not in the Constitution or any federal statute, regulation, or judicial decision. It is not law at all."
by Ronald L. Feinman
Arthur Schlesinger Jr’s Imperial Presidency is now just the prelude to a far greater constitutional crisis that is possibly transforming the Presidency and destroying the separation of powers and checks and balances created by the Founding Fathers in 1787.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Chris Edelson
If President Trump does declare an emergency, the question is: Will Congress use the power available to it, or will it play the role of passive spectator?
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses