SOURCE: Roll Call
A museum of Women's History may be coming soon.
SOURCE: The Los Angeles Times
August 4, 2019
by Julia Flynn Siler
Asian women opposed slavery in the west. Read their story.
SOURCE: The Guardian
From Pat Barker’s reworking of Greek myth to Anna Burns’s take on the Troubles, the finalists turn familiar stories on their heads.
SOURCE: Houston Public Media
Magnolia’s Lynn Rippelmeyer tells how fate — in the form of some bad weather — allowed her and her mentor to make aviation history.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Antonia Finnane
An ordinary Chinese immigrant to Australia reveals an extraordinary story.
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein