SOURCE: New York Times
"Along with other Black American artists — including the writers Richard Wright and James Baldwin — Ms. Baker said she found in France a freedom that she felt denied in the United States."
by Sherry Jones
A fiction writer tells this story in a new novel.
- Jonathan Mirsky: Historian Turned Beijing Correspondent, Mao Fan turned Critic of Beijing
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right