SOURCE: Chicago Sun Times
Obama Presidential Center would have ‘adverse impact’ on historic Jackson Park, federal review concludes
The finding by the Federal Highway Administration puts pressure on the Obama Foundation to find a way to “resolve adverse effects” and turns up the heat on Mayor Lori Lightfoot to order the foundation to make those changes.
The Chicago City Council approved an agreement between the Obama Foundation and the city to build the presidential center in Jackson Park.
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Is the Academy's New Museum Neglecting the Jewish Pioneers of Hollywood?
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time
- Must We Unite Around Slaveholders? Woody Holton and Jamelle Bouie on the Politics of History