Demand for “counter-textbooks” has been fueled by factors including student desire for more diverse stories and requirements like the California law that now mandates LGBT-inclusive social-studies curriculums.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
The author of "Lies My Teacher Told Me" discusses how schools’ flawed approach to teaching the country’s past affects its civic health.
by Sean Illing
“The idea that we’re always getting better keeps us from seeing those times when we’re getting worse.”
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election