SOURCE: The Conversation
Stanley Baldwin asked Britain’s rich to help pay off the national debt after World War I – but it didn’t work
by Kevin Stagg
The issue is in the news as the government decides what to do about a donation made in 1927 to pay off the national debt.
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?