Review of “Denmark Vesey’s Garden: Slavery and Memory in the Cradle of the Confederacy” by Ethan Kytle and Blain Roberts
by James Thornton Harris
This detailed account of the struggles in Charleston provides a valuable new perspective on why certain groups in the South cling to a “whitewashed” version of history.
- Will The Coronavirus Change How Skeptics Think About Science?
- Pandemic Journal, March 30–April 5
- Myron Rolle, now a doctor treating coronavirus patients, draws on football background in crisis
- Will the Virus Trigger a Second Arab Spring?
- Comfort From a 102-Year-Old Who has Lived Through a Flu Pandemic, the Depression and WWII