by Olivia B. Waxman
In the 1880s, Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse, and Nikola Tesla went to battle over who had the superior technology for electrical transmission.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Meet May Irwin, the Stormy Daniels of the Victorian era. And her pornographer, Thomas Edison.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?