First Founding Father
Originally published 01/29/2018
Review of Harlow Giles Unger’s “First Founding Father: Richard Henry Lee and the Call to Independence”
James Thornton Harris
"First Founding Father" provides a well written, entertaining portrait of a man living in an exciting era, but doesn't explain the role of slavery in the creation of Lee's wealth or his politics.
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority