White Working Class
SOURCE: New York Labor History
The Hardhat Riot: Nixon, New York City, And The Dawn Of The White Working-Class Revolution (Review)
Historian Michael Koncewicz reviews a new book on the notorious "Hard Hat Riot," when a mob of construction workers and Wall Street traders attacked antiwar protesters; the incident remains a touchstone for thinking about the politics of class and the culture war.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Why Bruce Springsteen is the soundtrack of the 2020 primary
by Jonathan D. Cohen
By embracing the Boss, Democrats try to reach white working-class voters. But they need to embrace his ideas, too.
The Trump Administration’s War on Workers
by Lawrence Wittner
His white working class base has been betrayed.
Does the White Working Class Really Vote Against Its Own Interests?
by Joshua Zeitz
Trump’s first year in office revived an age-old debate about why some people choose race over class—and how far they will go to protect the system.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"