Originally published 02/21/2018
Why it’s not rash to place him at the bottom this early in his presidency.
Originally published 02/07/2018
Allen C. Guelzo
Yes, this is news. There aren’t many professional historians who approve of Trump.
Originally published 01/18/2018
President Donald Trump’s approval rating has ping-ponged between a low of 35% and a high of 45% during his first year in office — the worst record of any of the most recent seven presidents, according to Gallup.
Originally published 12/15/2017
Things fell apart for Nixon when he dropped below 30 percent approval in his second term. Trump is getting there in his first year.
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama