SOURCE: Washington Post
Columnist Jennifer Rubin discusses the findings of Robert P. Jones of the Public Religion Research Institute, presented in his new book, that elements of evangelical theology are strongly supportive of hierarchy and inequality.
SOURCE: Minnesota Public Radio
Historian Kristin Kobes Du Mez argues in "Jesus and John Wayne" that contemporary Evangelical political views are a product of the group's embrace of patriarchal authority and power, a situation that will not end when Trump leaves office.
At an earlier point in American history, some Christian theologians went so far as to argue that the enslavement of human beings was justifiable from a biblical point of view.
SOURCE: The New Republic
by Jared Yates Sexton
Those who see Trump as a messianic figure believe the coronavirus will put a fallen world right again.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Katherine Stewart
Trump’s response to the pandemic has been haunted by the science denialism of his ultraconservative religious allies.
White evangelicals in the United States, the core of President Donald Trump's political base, have far more positive views of his personal conduct and character than other U.S. adults.
SOURCE: The Los Angeles Times
by Randall Balmer
After Reagan (who was divorced) evangelicals stopped talking about divorce. After Trump and Roy Moore they can’t talk about sexual assault.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- Richard and the Revolutionaries: Why did Lefties Love Wagner?
- Trump Alleges ‘Left-Wing Indoctrination’ in Schools, Says He will Create National Commission to Push More ‘Pro-American’ History
- Black Leaders Launch ‘1776 Unites’ High School Curriculum
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97