Originally published 11/20/2013
Simple: Because "under God" isn't in the version Obama was asked to read.
Originally published 12/08/2017
A brave female journalist took on one of America’s most powerful senators in history. He lost the nomination, she lost her job.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”