Originally published 11/27/2017
Professor Maya Jasanoff embraced adventure to explore the mind behind ‘Heart of Darkness’ and other classics
She retraced the 1,000-mile journey Joseph Conrad made down the Congo River more than 100 years ago when researching her new book on Conrad.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”