Originally published 11/20/2013
Marie Tippit, whose husband J.D. Tippit was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald, received a condolence letter from Jackie Kennedy.
Originally published 11/27/2017
Director Peter Glenville Was a Brilliant Artist, a Conservative—and in the Closet in 1960’s Hollywood
Peter Glenville led a multifaceted life: a prominent Cold War-era director who worked with Richard Burton and Peter O’Toole, a staunch conservative Catholic, and a gay man.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”