Originally published 04/02/2018
NBCC Awards Frances FitzGerald the Nonfiction Prize for "The Evangelicals: The Struggle to Shape America.”
How Donald Trump, a three-times-married libertine, won the presidency with the support of evangelical Christian voters may have confounded pundits, but her book told how it happened.
Originally published 12/06/2017
She won all the prizes for her history of Vietnam, but scholars don’t think much of “Fire in the Lake.”
Originally published 11/14/2017
She generally likes the film but worries that the emphasis on stories may obscure larger meanings.
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues