Old Lions Department
Originally published 01/09/2018
How this newspaperman became a historian.
Originally published 11/12/2017
He’s still writing.
Originally published 11/09/2017
What’s he doing now? Writing a memoir, teaching himself Spanish, and vowing to read (at long last) Henry Adams’s “History of the Administrations of Jefferson and Madison.”
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- Only One Man Was Found Guilty for His Role in the My Lai Massacre
- Indian Children’s Book Lists Hitler as Leader ‘Who Will Inspire You’
- Who Owns the Vikings?
- Documents show that U.S. officials led Russian President Boris Yeltsin to believe in 1993 that NATO wasn't expanding
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89